Wednesday 4 December 2013

Selling Bitcoin / Litecoin on eBay, an eBay Live Help Transcript

Given that GPU mining Litecoin seems to be financially viable at the moment I've been researching different ways to cash in the coins I create. One obvious place is eBay although the seller can be at risk if the buyer later disputes the transaction and no physical goods have changed hands. I wondered what their stance would be if the coins were placed on a USB drive and posted out. This is how it went down...

UPDATE: 10 Dec 2013, this article was mentioned on the great Crytocurrency website Coindesk :) eBay Loophole Allows Sale of Bitcoin

UPDATE: 13 Dec 2013, now also on wired.com! How to Sell Bitcoins on eBay Without Getting Fleeced? Use FedEx

ebay rep1
Welcome to Live Help, my name is Sarah. How may I assist you today?
Me
Hi there, i'm interested in selling crypto currency on ebay, such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-LTC-Litecoin-litecoins-lite-coin-not-bitcoin-feather-etc-/271338827885?pt=UK_Coins_World_RL&hash=item3f2d0df06d. I'm aware that the seller is at risk if physical goods are not transferred, so I wondered if the coins were placed on a USB drive and then posted with proof of delivery, would this be sufficient to receive seller protection?
ebay rep1
Please give me few minutes to check this for you.
Me
thank you
ebay rep1
Thanks for waiting. With regards to get a clarification for this, I need to transfer this chat to our concern department. May I go ahead and transfer this chat now?
Me
ok thanks
ebay rep1
Has transferred you to:ebay rep2
ebay rep2
Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help! My name is Melissa. Please give me a moment to review what you've discussed with the previous representative.
ebay rep2
Thank you for patiently waiting.
Me
that's ok
ebay rep2
I apologose for the long wait as I've checked this situation, for you.
ebay rep2
Hello Roger. Good morning.
ebay rep2
Firstly, I appreciate your time contacting us regarding this matter. Don't worry, I'll do my best to assist you on this issue.
Me
thanks
ebay rep2
And to further assist you on this situation, I will need to direct you to the relevant team so you can get better assistance on your query.
ebay rep2
May I go ahead and transfer you now?
Me
yeah sure, must be a complicated query!
ebay rep2
Thanks for confirming. Please stay online while I connect you to them.
ebay rep2
Has transferred you to:ebay rep3
ebay rep3
Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is John. How may I be of assistance?
Me
Hi John, can you see the chat history up till this point?
ebay rep3
Hello, Roger.
ebay rep3
Due to technical issue on my end, I’m unable to see previous chat transcript. I apologise for this. Could you please summarise your question? 
Me
Hi there, i'm interested in selling crypto currency on ebay, such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-LTC-Litecoin-litecoins-lite-coin-not-bitcoin-feather-etc-/271338827885?pt=UK_Coins_World_RL&hash=item3f2d0df06d. I'm aware that the seller is at risk if physical goods are not transferred, so I wondered if the coins were placed on a USB drive and then posted with proof of delivery, would this be sufficient to receive seller protection?
ebay rep3
Yes, if you’re delivering the item in physically condition and also keep proof of postage, you will be covered under Seller protection.
ebay rep3
Moreover, to safe guard a sale on eBay, you may:

- Post the item only after you track payment in your PayPal account.
- Get confirmation about the delivery address of the buyer before posting the item.
- Provide the tracking number to the buyer for the item that you post.
- Keep proof of postage.
- If necessary, also take postal insurance for the item that you post. 
ebay rep3
You can also visit the below given link to check how you’re protected as a seller on PayPal:
ebay rep3
Me
oh that is good to hear, thanks for your help :)
ebay rep3
Thank you for appreciating my assistance :)
ebay rep3
You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me
Looking at the terms it does say that "items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards)" would NOT be eligible, so should an auction listing be presented for example as 'USB Memory Stick with Free Litecoin Wallet' ?
ebay rep3
Yes, you can sell this item like USB Stick with Free Litecoin Wallet or have the title as Litecoin Wallet free in USB stick
ebay rep3
I think the best title will be as Litecoin Wallet free in USB stick as when member will perform a search with the keywords Litecoin Wallet, your listing will appear soon. 
Me
great, thanks for confirming!
ebay rep3
You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me
No that's everything, thanks again.
ebay rep3
You're welcome again. Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help.
Chat Session Ended, Goodbye. (5010)

No comments:

Post a Comment